-
My last few moments
on Sea Dragon
While everyone else
had breakfast below deck, I decided to go on deck and savor some personal time.
I wasn’t really hungry anyways. Soon I will be going back to Miami, back to the
city life. Even though I was born a city-girl and have been living in one all
my life, I am not sure if that is where I will end up. I sat on top, reflecting
on the trip, decisions I’ve made on it, people I’ve gotten to know and then I
started thinking about my friend from college, who passed away last year. She
had also been on Sea Dragon and had met Shanley along with the rest of the Pangaea team. It was nice to talk about
Rachel with Shanley, to ask about her time on the boat, and to talk about how she
met her fiancé on Sea Dragon. In a way, I felt like things have come full circle.
I started to think that this is enough time for me to spend on a sailing vessel. It’s not like my body loves being at sea anyways. But then I heard rapping behind me over the entrance way to below deck. I turned and I saw Eric. We talked...about how I may still have some seafaring days left in me. Coming from this guy, that comment may have left an impression on me. A few moments later, Shanley came up on deck. The three of us had a casual conversation about random things, jokes, etc. I never realized how lonely I was a few minutes ago until I noticed how happy I was that Eric and Shanley were keeping me company during my last few moments on Sea Dragon.
I started to think that this is enough time for me to spend on a sailing vessel. It’s not like my body loves being at sea anyways. But then I heard rapping behind me over the entrance way to below deck. I turned and I saw Eric. We talked...about how I may still have some seafaring days left in me. Coming from this guy, that comment may have left an impression on me. A few moments later, Shanley came up on deck. The three of us had a casual conversation about random things, jokes, etc. I never realized how lonely I was a few minutes ago until I noticed how happy I was that Eric and Shanley were keeping me company during my last few moments on Sea Dragon.
No comments:
Post a Comment